WEEK 3A

WEEK 3A

I personal have never communicated with any business using social media but I have had some interaction experiences. one time there was a Boba tea shop down in San Diego and they were doing a contest type event where if you went down and purchased a tea from them, then took a photo of the tea and something around the store, and posted the photo on Facebook you could win a free tea. So, I went down and took a photo and posted it and got a free Boba tea. Another experience I had was I won tickets for a pool party in Las Vegas. It was a contest on Facebook where you “like and share” to be entered in the contest to win 2 free tickets to a pool party for EDC week in Las Vegas, fortunately for me the contest was kind of rigged and my friend was friends with the person running it so 3 friends and I won the tickets which was amazing. The only other communication for me would be using platforms with reviews like Yelp. I feel those are great platforms for businesses to use because the business can see what customers are really thinking and also communicate directly with customers if there are any issues. I feel those are especially important for service businesses like barbers, massage clinics, mechanics, etc. because people are generally more comfortable and speak more openly online because they can be more anonymous and feel more comfortable saying issues without getting confronted or having to speak face to face. Unfortunately, now businesses can pay to take down bad reviews and some customers are being more vindictive but generally it is a good general platform to use.

The best way I see businesses communicating with their customers is on Amazon. When someone writes a bad review about a product I generally see the business writing right back trying to solve the issue. If I had a business that used social media I would follow this system because it shows the customer and everyone seeing the bad review that the business cares and wants to help resolve any issues. As a photographer the only products I have are services and photo products but by using the review template I could help build clients and also make sure my current customers are happy. I feel like discounting services for current customers that give good reviews could be profitable for me as a photographer and if someone has a bad review see what the issues is and try to find a solution that works for both parties.

Comments

  1. The boba tea experience you talked about was a really neat idea. I think that is a great way to market your business. Plus, you get a free drink out of it. It is a win win situation for both the company and the customer. I also think Amazon has a great way of addressing customers concerns. I bought some vases through them and they came broken. All i had to do was online chat with one of the representatives and they sent me new ones. They were also very nice and accommodating. I actually thought that businesses couldn't pay to take down bad reviews. However, I am not 100% sure on this topic but last time I checked they couldn't. I hope that it inst true, but you never know nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought about companies offering incentives for pushing their image on social media. Its easy, cheap and a great way to flood social media with their image. I think that boba tea idea is really smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also seen the same thing on Amazon. We use Amazon a lot in my household and we are always looking at reviews before making purchases. Yelp is another one we use a lot. Sometimes the customers' reviews are pretty ridiculous, but for the most part, when businesses engage with their customers it makes them look much more reputable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Email Marketing - Part 1

Week1A: My Template