Week 4 Part 2


Week 4: part 2
Chad Mullen


I commented on the blogs of Jackson_Iana, Particelli_Blair , Trantham_Jordan

The first website I choose is https://www.miracosta.edu/
It is laid out nicely so that it is easy to navigate through to find and access the information you are looking for. The visual aesthetic is nice and they used colors that work for a school website but also are complimentary colors so they are easy on the eyes. The text is easy to read and is consistent throughout the whole website. I visit this website because I attend the school and have to use it for my classes but I choose it for this assignment because its probably my most visited website and also a site we all know and use. I feel the website is created very well but if I was to change anything it would be refining the information that appears when you need to use the search bar because sometimes its hard to weed through to find what I’m looking for. Another improvement would be formatting more mobile access because sometimes I have trouble accessing things on my phone.

The other website I choose was https://www.amazon.com/
I believe this website is composed well and I choose it because it’s a very popular website and felt it should be a great example of a properly compiled website. The website is extremely effective because of the way they sell their products but they have gained so much popularity and business by the exposure of their advertising. They have promoted themselves very well and have become a major retailor without producing anything themselves. I feel the design and layout is a little chaotic and appearance is somewhat distracting when you visit the main page but the colors and text are clean and appropriate. The user interface is what’s appealing to this site. It caters to the main users interests and previous searches but it also promotes other products and specials to increase purchases. I also feel the review and comment system they use is extremely effective on making people more comfortable using the site and buying products. The fact that the prices of items are available to compare, the review system imbedded and the general lower prices of products are the reasons I use the site. If I was to improve anything it would only be to clean up the main page and make it more inviting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Email Marketing - Part 1

Week1A: My Template