Week 13: Part 1: Online Advertising: Analysis of the Marketplace


To start This week, I went on to Facebook to find five photographers who use ads. A lot of the photographers I follow are more nature photographers and do not use ads so I had to use the advanced search to find photographers who use ads on their page. The majority of photographers who use ads due primarily portrait or wedding photography and they run many ads to try and draw in more clients. A lot of the ads are created in a way to appeal to a very wide audience they don't have any harsh colors and they have generally nice writing and generally are running promotions for discounts or first-time clients.

 In my opinion it is probably beneficial for them and it is not a lot of extra effort. A lot of photographers gain clients by word of mouth and ads are a great way for other people to share your promotion or your ad to reach a greater audience. The majority of ads I found are very subtle and don't use much imagery. They use soft colors and elegant text to be able to not come across as unprofessional or Abrasive. The other types of photographers I see using ads our photographers hosting a workshop or photography meetup and those seem to be beneficial as well.

What I found in terms of photography pages is that the majority of ads that are viewed are company ads like B&H and Adorama. They are appealing clickbait to try to show a good deal to click the link and go to their website and get business that way. I have found that those are useful for the business because I myself have seen ads that draw my attention and get me to visit their website and sometimes purchase items but even if I don’t buy anything they are getting exposure and getting people to visit their page.

I feel like traditional advertising like on TV and the radio is more generalized but because of the research behind it they tend to only advertise on the channels and stations that their target audience would probably be listening to. Signs and images out in the world are good advertisement but also are very generalized and get overlooked a lot of the time or are not memorable. For traditional advertising I feel the most annoying yet effective are ones that have noise or song that is easily remembered and get stuck in your head, that way you remember that company but the downside is you might not use them because of their annoying commercial. The main difference between traditional advertising and advertising done on social media is social media tends to track what you are interested in or look at on other sites and tend to track that information and produce the ads that are relatable so I feel they can tend to be more productive and beneficial but only to the degree of your interest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Email Marketing - Part 1

Week1A: My Template